As far back as 1910, Eatonville residents have been watching movies. At first they had to watch them in Van Eaton’s hall, but in 1915, Frank Van Eaton built the first movie house. Eatonville residents could watch actors like Douglas Fairbanks and Charlie Chaplin in style
After the war, in 1922, an Italian, Mr. Pecchia, came to town and bought the movie theater and was there when Eatonville transitioned from silent movies to “talkies” in 1930.
In 1942 — the same year Casablanca hit the screen — Pecchia built the current Eatonville Roxy. New owner Dean and Mike, have upgraded the theater, adding new seats, carpeting and lighting.
For over almost 100 years Eatonville has been watching movies at the Roxy. Come be part of the story.